Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Meatless Monday





Ok, usually I just come on here to gripe, but today Im going to share the new bandwagon I have jumped on.

Usually I don't get involved in too much save the Earth stuff, I try and recycle and all of that, grew a garden one time, but I'm not a hardcore environmentalist. I'm pretty sure that by having 4 kids, I'm leaving a huge ass carbon foot print. Anyway, I know I'm a shitty human so don't leave nasty comments (OH! I also have re-usable grocery bags, although I usually forget to take them to the store).

One thing I am getting behind is "Meatless Monday". If you know me, you know that I'm a carnivore of the highest order. I would marry a steak wrapped in bacon if there was any way possible to do so. I have a serious addiction to all things meat, but I read that participating in Meatless Monday is good for the environment. If you want some background here is the link http://www.meatlessmonday.com/why-meatless/ .

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have a hard time getting the cave people I live to agree to this. So for our first meatless Monday, here's what we had....

     
Beautiful, isn't it?






Yes, tomato soup with fancy ass grilled cheese sandwiches. They were fanfreakingtastic and I look forward to having them again. I also think that what I'm doing on a subconscious level, is preparing the family for the day when I give up cooking. I've been cooking for 20 something years and to be honest I'm reaaaaaaly sick of it. I can't wait for the day when my youngest can fend for himself!

No comments: