Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Last Nights Debates

I've always tried to follow that rule about not talking politics or religion with other people because I don't like getting into arguments over things you cannot change. So, I did not watch the debates last night. I NEVER watch them because I don't think that watching two people, on stage, in a public forum such as that gives you any clear insight into what kind of leader they will be. Plus, I don't want to see my guy do poorly. I have a thing against watching people I like fail. It's the reason I can't watch sports.

This is my happy place...its where I go, mentally, when people talk about shit I disagree with.


Since I'm bored, with no work to do, I'm going to just lay out my thoughts. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people that disagree and to them I say "Get over it!" I'm not here to debate, I'm just here to give my opinion. Let me start off by saying that I did not vote for Obama in the last election. I've pretty much always leaned to the Liberal side of politics, but not so far Left that I fall over. I think both parties have good ideas and if there were ever a candidate that thought the same as me, I would freaking vote for him/her. The reason I did not vote for Obama last time around is simple..."hope and change". I was so sick and tired of hearing that shit that I felt anger every fucking time I saw one of those stupid ass signs!! (That's a great fucking rational way to choose a candidate dont you think???) This time, Im trying to be more grown up about my choice.

I think that every politician has good intentions during their first campaign. They are all idealistic and go all gung-ho with the idea that when they get in there they are kicking ass and taking names. Then they get in there, see that change is fucking impossible and their second campaign is more toned down because they know what the fuck goes on inside the White House and realize that all the shit they said last time was bullshit, just a load of nonsense a campaign manager came up with to get their guy in. So the second time around, they try their best to moderate what they say because most of them don't want to lie about shit. Notice I said most, by that I mean most Presidents running for second term. I'm convinced that before they see how the government actually works, all politicians lie out of their ass.

Imagine waking up everyday and having to climb this mountain. I feel this is how the President feels every single day just trying to get something accomplished with the House and the Senate always bickering like a bunch of whiny bitches.
Here's what I would like to see happen in this country, but I know never will..

1. Change our country motto to "Haters gonna Hate".   We are the most hated country in the world because we are out there handling business. I spend way too much time reading comments on boards and if there's one thing I've learned, most every other person in every other country and a good portion of the people in this country blame all of the worlds problems on us. It's very frustrating. What the really shitty part of that is, that if we didn't do it, shit would get out of hand and I get that, but fuck it, I say if they don't want us there then we need to get the fuck out and use those resources to take care of our own people. Let some of these other countries stand up and do something (I'm looking at you Switzerland!!!! You cant always stay neutral!).

2. Keep God in your house and out of the White House. This one is fucking huge for me. Contrary to what the religious right wing would have you believe, this country was absolutely 100% not founded on Christian beliefs. They need to take two goddamn seconds out of their day and Google some shit so that they are informed. This country was based on the ideas of the Enlightenment. For those of you that are too lazy to go Google it, I will give you the definition...a philosophical movement of the eighteenth century which stressed human reasoning over blind faith or obedience while also encouraging 'scientific' thinking. (Definition from About.com) See that people? Science! Not magic and imaginary beings.

Fun fact for all of you naysayers, most of the Founding Fathers were Deists. Here's what that means (according to Wikipedia) For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles). If Darwin had come up with his scientific findings at the same time, then chances are good that this country's founders would have been full on Atheists. What??? Shocking!!!! Sure is and we would've been a lot better off had that happened. The religious groups have way too much control over what goes on in this country. At some point people need to do some actual thinking for themselves. i remember growing up and hearing shit like "thunder is God yelling" or "rain is God crying".

It was ok, back in the prehistoric days, for people to come up with this type of nonsense because they had no other explanations. Now we do, now we know that rain comes from condensation not Gods tear ducts. Our knowledge has grown, we have evolved and so should our ideas about religion or we will only be able to advance so far.

I just really like this picture..its very peaceful.


3. This is how our Government should be from here on out....one. Not two separate sides fighting against each other. I'm confident that one is never going to happen, but if it did, there's no telling how far we could go to change the world. 

Ok..thats all I have. Those are the three things that annoy me about Government. They will not change and I get that, but we need to at least strive to come together on some shit before we are toatlly in the tank.

No comments: