Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Plain Truth

Good evening people. I have a quick gripe that I need to get off of my chest. I just read  that there's a bunch of whiny bitches with their panties all in a wad about Hilary Rosen making a perfectly legitimate observation about Mitt Romneys wife (yeah, I'm a little behind on current events). Im having a hard time trying to stay on task here, to get out my thoughts because, quite frankly, I find this entire situation to be a bunch of bullshit.

All she said, basically, was Ann cant relate to women who are actually struggling financially because she is privileged and has never worked a day in her life. What the fuck is wrong with that? What, we aren't allowed to tell the truth in this country anymore? And then I see Rosen actually apologized for the comment! Why? She should've stood by her statement. I dont understand why stay at home moms are all in a fucking tizzy. People are turning this into some sort of slight against women who chose to raise their kids. But its not about that at all. Shes talking more about someone whos never had to wonder how shes going to scrape up enough money for a gallon of milk not being able to relate to someone who has had to worry about that sort of thing. Its not like she said anything bad about us. Its all about comprehension people. Besides, you bitches know what we do isnt really "work".

"Thats right bitch! I said it."
 Look here people, the fact that Ann Romney comes from a wealthy household isn't a bad thing, money is good. If you can stay home with your kids and raise them, even better. But when someone points out that you don't have a clue about how a broke ass woman feels about not being able to make ends meet, just say "You know what? You're right. I don't know, but I want to understand." That is more genuine to me and I might not look at you as a rich asshole anymore.

Here's a little message for the stay at home moms who think this was a knock on them. I've done both, I've struggled as a single mom and I've been a stay at home mom. So I'm qualified to say this...stay at home moms need to stfu already. Not every damn thing is about you. I get tired of listening to them bitch and complain about how they have a thankless job and they don't get paid vacations or sick days. Your entire life is a god damn vacation ladies! Ive been on that same vacation for 7 years.

This is basically my life...be jealous.



The thing is, stay at home moms want to be martyrs. We want everyone to think we are Superwoman, we can fight stains and wipe asses at the same time. And we can. We learn to multi-task, but make no mistake about it, it takes about an hour to clean your house and the rest of the time we sit on our asses. Usually looking at Facebook...or if you're me you tweet, maybe blog. (Don't try and deny it either!)
http://www.everystockphoto.com/photo.php?imageId=2832218&searchId=c8c4a45da1ca8ad3c5edb8e6edeae28b&npos=13
"Let's see how many swear words I can fit into this rant..."

The real Superwomen are the ones who have to get up everyday, put on clothes that aren't pajamas, do their hair and make-up and go deal with assholes all day. Then a lot of those same women get to come home and play mom by doing all of the shit you do in an 8 hour day in just a couple of hours. So instead of trying to act like stay at home moms are so beat down with life, how about you suck it up and show your fellow women a little support. They actually work. Sure they get a pay check, but c'mon, you get to stay home in your pjs!!!!

Ive gone off track, but my point is this, Hilary Rosen should not have had to apologize for making a perfectly valid arguement. She stated FACTS. Facts that Im sure actual struggling women who have to work to try and feed their kids or just themselves or whatever, probably feel the same way about. Instead of getting all pissed they should let her exercise her Constitutional right to say what the hell she wants. Does this ring a bell with any of you?

 "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech" 

We are still in America aren't we?

No comments: