Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas...the shittiest time of the year!!

The holidays are upon us and once again I'm totally pissed by that. I hate Christmas. Hate it more than anything else in the world.

First of all, this ongoing debate of whether you should say 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holiday's' is fucking absurd. Seriously, why do Christians get so bent out shape about it? I get tired of seeing them post shit such as 'CHRISTmas is about CHRIST', or the most annoying phrase ever, 'Jesus is the reason for the season!' Time for a little history lesson for all of you Christians.....

All of the Christmas traditions predate the birth of Christ and almost all of the customs are pagan in origin. In fact, December 25th was a Roman day that celebrated the sun god Saturn. Christ wasn't even born in December!

So no, Jesus is not the reason for the season and since so many aspects of Christianity are just pieces of religions that predate Christs birth would it really kill you to say 'Happy fucking Holiday's so you include EVERYONES beliefs?

(Religion annoys me)

Next, kids and their expectations.
I completely despise the concept of Santa Claus. I told my two oldest ones when they were young that the fat bastard didn't exist. People have guilted me into raising my youngest two differently. Now I wished I had ignored all of those meddling assholes and stuck with my original game plan. Why? Because if you know your broke ass parents are 'santa', the things you ask for are far more reasonable. So that when you open your gifts you aren't disappointed.

This year my two youngest kids are going to be completely disappointed when they don't get an iPad and an XBox 360. Which saddens me.

While people say that letting kids believe in Santa is an important part of being a kid, I say BULLSHIT!! Unless your parents are rich, believing in Santa means you will suffer year upon year of bitter disappointment. Then when you find out the fat fucker isn't even real, you learn your parents are a couple of liar, liar pants on fire bitches and you will never trust them again! So who benefits from the idea of Santa??? Retailers, that's it.

The only thing that is good about this time of year is that people get into the spirit of giving and the charities benefit greatly, but people should be doing it year round. Not because of the season, but because we are all human beings and should help those less fortunate when we can.

So fuck Christmas and all of it's superficial trappings. As soon as these two grow up I'm done with the holiday. And this year I'm going to drink lots of wine so I can make it thru with my sanity still intact.

No comments: