Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Decline of Our Childrens Education

I would like to give a huge shout-out to the idiots that sit on the Texas State Board of Education. After reading through many news sources (and by 'many' I mean 2) I have come to the realization that my 5 year old that's going into the Texas education system this fall, is going to graduate high school as a complete and total idiot and will be completely unprepared for college. I just wanted to go ahead and thank you, on his behalf, for wasting the next ten years of his life. I would also like to thank you, on behalf of every other tax payer for wasting the tax dollars we contribute to education on the crap you are about to enact.

If you want to teach your children all of your little religious views in life, that is fine by me. What is NOT fine by me, however, is trying to brain wash my child into following your same ideologies. I have a little news flash for you, Christianity isn't even the oldest religion in the world. There were many religions around that predate it, and if you do a little research into your own religion you will find that it does not even have its own ideology, it took different aspects of just about every other religion and called it its own. I do not want my children to grow up thinking that some magician in the sky woke up one day and decided that it would be a neat idea to just wave his magic wand and populate this planet with people. I want them to understand that there are actual processes that have taken place over the course of history as to why we exist. I want them to realize that their morals should be based on actual consequences in life. That they should hold themselves to higher ethical standards because it is the right thing to do, not because some imaginary being says so or he will not let you into his fancy establishment when you die and it no longer matters.

I also want each and everyone of you to go watch a movie called "Idiocracy" because that is exactly the way the world is going to end up after your ridiculous ideas make it into text books. I was fairly certain that it was a possibility and was even more convinced after I read that one board member argued that Oscar Romero was to be removed because he "didn't have a movie like the others"! Seriously? This is how we decide who gets in and who doesn't? I thought it was common knowledge that movies were for entertainment purposes only and not for a standard of knowledge.

I would love to go on a tirade about Don McLeroy, but I'm going to restrain myself. His complete and total lack of knowledge is an embarrassment, the fact that he sits on the Board of Education is even more embarrassing. His greatest argument against evolution is that his ancestors weren't trees as the scientific community would have him believe? Give me a break. Oh, and I really enjoyed his comment about women and minorities, "women and minorities owed thanks to men and “the majority” for their rights". This guy is a moron, yet we let him dictate what our kids should learn.

In closing, I would like all of the parents to take the time to buy real education material, as opposed to the fairyland material that the schools are being forced to teach, and take a few minutes out of your day to teach your children the things that they are being deprived of. If you don't, they will surely be ill-equipped to succeed in life and unable to compete in the job market.

No comments: